It is currently Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:38 pm Advanced search

How to Connect BlackMagic Smarthub to Qtake

Useful hints from users and developers on QTAKE workflow

How to Connect BlackMagic Smarthub to Qtake

Postby KimbroVideo » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:51 am

I couldn't get it to work until I updated BM controller software and Smarthub firmware.Now I love it!!!

Please follow/check these steps:

1. download latest BlackMagic Videohub application from BlackMagic web site.
2. connect Videobub to your MAC via USB and run downloaded BM app. If app inform you about new firmware for your Videohub, please update your Videohub.
3. in Videohup app please set correct IP address for your Videohub (please note, that IP address should be from same subnet as IP address of your Qtake)
4. please check if folder with name "Videohub" exist in Applications\Qtake folder. If not, please create "Videohub" folder in main Qtake directory (Applications\Qtake\)
5. run Qtake, click on Setup button in Videohub Menu
6. in Videohub Setup menu click on LOCATE button and you should be able to see your Videohub in BROWSE VIDEOHUB window.
7. in case you are not able to locate your videohub in browser, please try to manually input IP address of your videohub in Videohub Setup window (correct port number is 9990 for all BM videohubs)

In case if you will be still not able to control your Videohub, please let us know. We can connect to your MAC remotely using TeamViewer and try to investigate the issue.

Best regards,
Kimbro Video is:
Kimbrough Davis
Atlanta, Nashville, Knoxville, Birmingham, Chattanooga
KimbroVideo

Re: How to Connect BlackMagic Smarthub to Qtake

Postby KimbroVideo » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:09 pm

Occasionally the SmartHub will go offline and Qtake won't initialize it. Reboot the SmartHub to get control back.
Kimbro Video is:
Kimbrough Davis
Atlanta, Nashville, Knoxville, Birmingham, Chattanooga
KimbroVideo

Re: How to Connect BlackMagic Smarthub to Qtake

Postby steves70119 » Mon May 29, 2017 3:00 am

I can't get the VH Hardware Panel Setup v6.0.2 app to see the Smart VideoHub (16 x 16) in order to update the Firmware. I'm in OS 10.12.5 Sierra.
steves70119

Return to Hints